Digicon gets technical for Brisbane’s EzyGreen initiative.
Brisbane City Council, in its commitment to Brisbane’s environmental sustainability, started the EzyGreen initiative – an easy-to-follow programme aiming to make it easy for Brisbane residents to reduce their carbon footprint, save energy, and save money on electricity bills.
A co-ordinated marketing campaign, directing the target audience to the website to sign up for the programme was the fastest, most cost-effective and measurable way to achieve a high adoption rate.
EzyGreen needed a web development partner to design and build the back-end engine for the programme – tying in the front-end branding and usability elements with a subscription function, integrated call-centre application and reporting capabilities.
- Achieve as many subscriptions to the programme as possible.
- Develop a website that was usability-friendly and supported the brand positioning of EzyGreen and the contributing partners.
- Develop a reporting system and call centre application closely integrated with user actions on the website to support the campaign.
- High availability hosting to manage the high traffic demands.
- Digicon was selected on the strength of their professionalism, project management experience and deep technical ability of the team.
- Digicon’s ability to comprehensively understand the requirements and provide a credible path to delivery were key factors in the selection process.
- Digicon worked with the EzyGreen staff to match the design to the business rules of the programme.
- A .Net based CMS was used as the basis for content management, with the applications storing shared data in a Microsoft SQL database.
- The EzyGreen website was an unqualified success. The site performed uninterrupted, even during high traffic loads caused by intense media coverage.
- Over 20,000 signups were registered in the first week, far exceeding programme targets.
- The project wildly exceeded the project goals with over 15,000 tonnes of CO2e saved in the first two weeks.
Two weeks after the website launch, Digicon was commended publically by EzyGreen CEO Megan Houghton at a celebratory function led by Lord Mayor Campbell Newman.